Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 3

I can already tell this way of eating is going to be GREAT for my workouts. I felt I had a lot more power and energy during my track workout this morning. I also feel like my recovery time is faster. Can it be? In only two short days? Well, we'll see later on if this is just a fluke morning or what.

I had two big accomplishments today. First, I was grocery shopping at my favorite Harris Teeter and they have a LOT of samples that I have enjoyed sampling in the past but today I had one strawberry piece and that was it! I even buttered a piece of bread and gave it to my daughter but had none myself. My second accomplishment was not tasting the pizza I had made the kids for lunch. There was even a very tiny piece of pepperoni on the knife I used to cut the pizza. I pulled it off the knife and got ready to pop it in my mouth then decided just to wash it down the drain! I know it may not seem like much but each little step I make like this helps me move forward to my goal.

Today's meals:

I thought breakfast didn't seem very big this morning so I started counting my blocks and realized I was missing 1 block of carbs AND 2 blocks of fat. I took this picture before I added the rest

Breakfast:
1 egg, 2 egg whites
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup grapes
Not pictured: 1/2 apple & cashew butter


Lunch:

Okay, when I looked at this I thought it seemed like too much...AND I WAS RIGHT! I even had a hard time eating it all! I had double checked the chicken package as I was putting it on my plate but I totally missed the fact that the package had TWO servings in it. So, what I thought was only 21 g of protein ended up being 42 g of protein. UGH! At least I put some of the chicken (maybe an ounce) back in the fridge. So, my guess is that I had about 35 g of protein. Note to self: If it looks too big, it probably IS! 

3 leaves of Romaine 
Southwest Chicken pieces 
Grilled onions (approx 1/3 cup)
1/2 cup Salsa
1 Tbsp Guacamole



Dinner:
Salad:
     Spinach and Field Mix
     1/2 cup Strawberries
     2 tbsp Raspberry & Walnut dressing

1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 peach
1/2 banana w/cashew butter

No comments: