Monday, May 17, 2010

30-day Challenge

Okay, so for...EVER...I've been trying to lose weight. I'm so fed up with working out like a mad woman then coming home to no changes on the scales. My coach has heard me say this one too many times so she finally threw down the gauntlet and gave me a 30-day challenge. I'm going to be combining the Zone diet with a Paleo lifestyle. You're like...WHAT??? Let me explain...

In the Zone Diet I will be eating portions (they call them "blocks") of protein, carbs & fat at every meal. So, for the amount of crazy insane workouts I do I am able to eat 3 blocks per meal and then have 2 snacks a day with 2 blocks each. So, 3 portions of protein, 3 portions of carbs and 3 portions of fat for every meal. Of course, it's much more complicated than that but you get the idea. However, eating the Zone diet doesn't always mean eating unprocessed foods. So, I'm combining Zone with Paleo. Paleo is basically eating all non-processed foods. So, basically I'll be eating fruits, veggies and lean meats in the right amount of "blocks" per meal.

I feel this might actually work for me this time. I have always struggled to eat enough protein in my diet (and too much carbs!) and I can already tell on day one, meal one that I'm going to be eating a LOT of food (compared to normal). But, it's all healthy foods.

I feel blogging about my progress (and sharing my blog with people who will keep me accountable) is going to be key. So, that's what I'm going to do.

I'm not quite ready to share my measurements with the world but I will say I'm currently wearing mostly size 14 clothes. My goal for this 30 days is to lose at least 10 lbs which will probably equate to a pant size.

On top of all this, I am only 27 days away from my biggest race ever - Ironman 70.3 Eagleman. Dropping some weight before this race will be a considerable advantage!

Here we go...


No comments: