Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 2 (aka the learning period)

Well, yesterday was quite an experience of learning but, I made it through the day sticking to my plan - and I even drank coffee without sweetener!

Today I read an article about the need for protein in an athlete's diet:

http://tinyurl.com/2cy42ul

Although I'm not promoting taking supplements, I can totally relate to this article as my diet has lacked protein for most of my life. That's been one of the biggest changes I've had to make. Carbs have ruled my diet for years but I need to focus more on the balance of carbs, protein and fat.

Lessons learned so far:
* I need more "fat" (as categorized by Zone) in my house. I can't keep using Olive Oil and Cashew butter for the next 30 days as a way to get my fat blocks into my diet.
* Read the information my coach gives me BEFORE I begin my plan so I'll know what to do on day one!
* Tea doesn't have nearly as much caffeine as coffee!
* Food tastes GREAT inside a lettuce wrap
* Be sure to tell my husband to keep his hands off my salsa if I want to use it ONE HOUR later!

Lunch 5/18/10

Salad:
Spinach and Field Mix
Chicken Sausage cooked in Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar
Mini Tomatoes

Side dish:
Grapes
Strawberries

Dinner:

Grilled Rosemary Balsamic Vinegar Chicken
Grilled Onions & Green Beans cooked in Olive Oil
Blueberries
Tomatoes



What an amazing late night snack! It tasted SOOO yummy!

less than 1/2 scoop Banana protein powder
1/4 cup blackberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp honey


















Why I'm cutting out breads and grains...

No comments: