Wednesday, January 1, 2014
This morning I posted this picture on Facebook as a joke for one of my best friends. See, last night, after a few too many things to eat and a few adult beverages, we decided it was time to go for a walk outside. Then...we came upon one of these speed signs...and what did we do? We tried to see how fast we could run. The first time, neither of us even made the thing register a "0." But, after a few tries...and many, many laughs...we were heading to warp speed of 6-7 mph! We laughed. Boy, did we laugh. I felt I took all the stress and pain of 2013 and turned it around and upside down and laughed so hard and for so long that I was crying...and snorting! You know that laugh...you almost can't stop laughing because it's such a great feeling. Wow! What a moment in time! It will be engraved in my memory forever! That moment, and the next moment...but we'll save that next moment from public opinion! Let's just say that someone beat someone else in another contest that wasn't too "lady-like."
As I looked at this picture, so many more things stuck out to me that defined 2013. There are many things I experienced in 2013 for the first time that were huge struggles/challenges/learning experiences for me:
1. My first DNF
2. Weight gain
3. Huge financial change
4. Struggles with racing
6. Sent both my children off to public school (I've been a homeschool mom until now...)
...among MANY other personal things...
I look at these things and, if I let them, they can get me down and keep me down. But, I chose to look ahead and say WOO HOO!!! I'm not looking back. I'm learning from my mistakes and moving forward to a better year!
Among the many fabulous things that happened to me in 2013, I can say THANK YOU LORD for giving me these blessings:
1. My two fabulous children who I have grown so close to in the past year. What an amazing blessing the Lord has given me!
2. Watched my wonderful daughter, Celeste, get baptized
3. Became USA Triathlon Level 1 Coach
4. Became USA Triathlon Youth & Juniors Coach (only 176 in the nation at the time...)
5. Started a Youth Triathlon Team
6. Was accepted as part of the awesome, amazing, always wonderful Rev3 Age Group Team
7. Swam in my first ever swim meet
8. We got a new puppy
9. I reconnected with people in my life who I love to the moon and back!
As I've quoted from my friend Stacie so many times..."Onward and Upward!" It's time for a great 2014! No looking back! Just closing some chapters in my life where the book as been stuck for years. Now it's time to finish the book and then BURN IT and never look back. Here's hoping your 2014 is wonderful!