Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 18 - A NEW DAY!

Okay, so I've not really been keeping up with my journal (obviously) but I've been trying really hard to keep up with the good, new way of eating.

During the past week I've only struggled with one thing...having a sore throat and desiring cold drinks. Slurpee's come to mind pretty quickly! I probably had a Slurpee every day while I was sick. I've loved those things since I was pregnant with my second child and they feel so good to a sore throat. The rest of the time in my hometown I stuck with the program except for one day. I was out of the zone from morning til night. I had breakfast but then didn't eat again until 4PM when I ate a Chinese buffet! I knew I'd have problems at the buffet so I intentionally didn't eat throughout the day but with the exception of about 3-4 things I actually didn't do too bad.

Anyway, all eating issues aside I have to share my MOST IMPORTANT news to date...I bought a TANKINI!!! It's the first time in my adult life I've owned a two-piece swim suit! At first I just tried it on for kicks - just to see how I'd look in it. And even though my mind kept saying "you're still too fat" I decided to buy it anyway. When I got it home I tried it on again to see if it was something I'd actually wear in public (not taking the tags off, of course, in case I needed to return it...) and I still felt good in it. I mean, seriously, a tankini is really just a one-piece sliced in two with no skin showing. So, hopefully the skin will stay hidden during any visits to the pool or ocean. :)

I'm SO thankful to my coach for helping me with this. I still have 12 days to go so we'll see if I can actually end up in a bikini when it's all over!

She wore an itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny, yellow polka dot bikini!!!!

No comments: