Thursday, April 15, 2010

Learning my lessons


I'm so excited because my first tri of the season is coming up in two days! It's an Olympic-distance race and is my "small" race this year. WHAT? My small race? Last year, the Olympic-distance race was my "A race," "The Big Race," "My longest race ever!" Now here I sit with only one Olympic-distance under my belt and I'm getting ready to race this one as (what my coach calls) my "warm up race!"

I thought it would be a good idea to go back over my blog from the past two years of racing triathlons and remember the lessons I was supposed to have learned from my other races. So, here it goes...

  1. Practice lateral breathing. Hmmm...I haven't done this much.
  2. Practice hills on both my bike and my run. Check!
  3. Always have a water bottle on my bike before the race begins. Yep, gotta remember this one.
  4. Always have my race numbers ready and attached the night before the race. Well, I won't be able to do this one since I'm picking up my race packet the morning of the race. I'm a little nervous about doing this since I've never done it before.
  5. Learn more about cycling. Check
  6. Go back to basics with the swim. Check
  7. Always set two alarm clocks. Gotta do this one!
  8. Always stretch, stretch, stretch. Lesson learned here big time!
I'm totally excited about my race and the beginning of my third triathlon season. Let the games begin!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's great Tracy! You look great! Hope it is a great race for you! =)